Jake Lee, QB – 5-10, 175 lbs. – Jr. 2016 – Went 3-0 as a sophomore starting quarterback filling in for injured senior Mac England,
Jacob Ash, LB – 5-11, 175 lbs. – Jr. 2016 – Led team as a sophomore with 11 tackles for loss and was second with 61 total tackles.
Holt Cloninger, K – 5-10, 180 lbs. – So. 2016 – Went 4-for-4 on FG attempts as a freshman.
Cole Kelchner, OL/DL – 6-3, 250 lbs. – Jr.
Aveon Reid, DB – 6-1, 180 lbs. – Sr. 2016 – four fumble recoveries & one interception.
Anthony Nance, DB – 6-3, 165 lbs. – Sr.
Cameron Bame, LB – 5-9, 185 lbs. – Jr.
1. Aaron Bennett, RB – 5-10, 175 lbs. – Sr.
2. Turner Edwards, TE/LB – 5-9, 220 lbs. – Jr.
3. Gabe Duff, FB/LB – 5-10, 200 lbs. – So. BIG SOUTH 3A CONFERENCE:
3. Hunter Huss
4. Stuart Cramer
5. North Gaston
8. Kings Mountain
NOTES OF INTEREST:
1. Cloninger gives the Jaguars a true weapon in the kicking game. The sophomore has exhibited a field goal range of 45 yards and has a big leg on both kickoffs and punts.
2. The Jaguars overall team speed should be one of their strengths, along with Cloninger, early in the season.
3. Inexperience could be the Forestview Achilles heel at the outset of the year as Medlin shapes the team to play to its strengths.
Our primary goal is to compete for a conference championship. Our last one (conference title) was in 2014. After that you try and position yourself in the playoffs with a good seed so hopefully you can make a run in the state playoffs. Overall, the goals aren’t going to change (from-year-to-year). I think it’s key for this group early on to get some good experience in the scrimmages and then be able to compete in our non-conference games. Hopefully, we’ll get some wins and gain some confidence going into the conference season. That’s going to be a tough, tough conference (Big South 3A), there are no easy games. We’re looking forward to it. It’s going to be a big challenge, but we’re excited to see where it leads us.
2017 FORESTVIEW FOOTBALL ROSTER
UP CLOSE WITH JAKE LEE, JACOB ASH AND HOLT COLNINGER